Oct 13: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 13th October 2020
COVID-19 Update and Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in KL, Selangor and Putrajaya
Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) with effect from the 14th of October.
- All parish staff (employees and volunteers) are requested to work from home where feasible.
- The Parish Priest may require staff to come in on designated days for shorter hours for the purpose of essential work (accounting, bulletin preparation, cleaning, housekeeping etc).
- Parishioners are required to deal with the parish office via emails.
- All funeral Masses and services in the Church/Chapel are to be suspended during the CMCO.
- A short prayer service may be conducted by the priest in the funeral parlour or home. This should be confined to immediate family members and should not exceed a total of 15 persons. All high-risked persons are not allowed to attend.
- There should be no in-person vigil/wake prayers. Visits by guests should be limited to 15 minutes.
- Funeral parlours located within churches may continue to operate with the above conditions.
- All wedding Masses and services are to be postponed to a later date.
- Sick calls and Home Communion
- All home communion should be suspended during the CMCO.
- Anointing of the Sick for urgent cases can continue. Please adhere strictly to the Archdiocesan Guidelines.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur